Saturday, May 05, 2007

FOCUS on the LOCUS

Well it has been some time since my last post, and a lot has happened.
1. I joined some forums and learned a lot
2. Have switched to new brushless an Li-Po technologies
3. Have put on hold the D-WAVE and picked up the LOCUS still tying to find a name for the new development. So far out of a contest it is referred as the TooCan since it resembles the bird

The plan is still the same, but now concentrating on the single seat sport version lifting bobby. I have had some difficulties in identifying my configuration. It looks promising with the first prototype, so far three maiden launch attempts were made and modifications where made. It doe fly, I had one successful controlled flight, but the plane might have been under powered or the alignment of engine and wing to body are out. All of these will require some attention till the formula is worked out. As I mentioned I have joined forums a great place to exchange and learn. Some of my postings on the TooCan venture are here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655255#post7073815

As the DragonSleigh one of the names it was given based on a sketch that can be seen on my site under the SnowHawk.

http://betterfly.ca/BetterFly/RC_cncpt_SNOWHAWK.htm

No comments: